top of page


"Difference Between CPA and EA - Accounting and Tax Professionals in the United States

Is there any difference between a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and an Enrolled Agent (EA)?


Yes, the two are different in many ways, but some people have a hard time distinguishing between a CPA and an EA.


The CPA has a broader role when compared to an EA. The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) must have extensive knowledge..."

"Congress recently made changes to the US Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (FIRPTA), the Property Tax Act of 1980. While two changes should benefit real estate investors, the third will have an impact on foreign sellers. .."

"Investments by Brazilians in real estate abroad practically tripled between 2008 and 2013, rising from US$1.9 billion to S$5.4 billion in properties.


The US alone accounted for 31% of the amount invested..."

"I return to the theme, especially with regard to foreigners who are not residents of the United States, since many people who live in Brazil have acquired real estate in the United States, either for their own family leisure or..."

"Yes, foreigners can finance the purchase of real estate in the United States. Normally the process is simple, approval takes around..."

Open a US bank account

Some US banks still allow foreigners to open checking accounts. Documents required are a passport and a second photo ID. Some banks require proof of residence with an American address (electricity bill, water bill, IPTU, deed, etc.). The initial deposit ranges from $25 to $100, depending on the bank.

Find out about choosing a property, hiring a broker, paying in cash or financed, changing the dollar, evaluating the return.

bottom of page